Acceptable Use Policy
Updated March 30, 2020
This Acceptable Use Policy lists items and activities that we prohibit because they may be illegal or inappropriate in connection with the use of our services. It applies to any person or entity using our services and any transactions that we are asked to process. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with this policy.
If we believe or suspect that any transaction violates this policy or is otherwise illegal or unsuitable, we may take any corrective action that we deem appropriate, including blocking the transaction, holding funds associated with a prohibited transaction, suspending or restricting the use of our service, terminating the accounts of violators, or any other corrective action. Please use the Contact Us page to report any violations of this policy.
Prohibited Items and Activities
- Adult Oriented Products and Services: includes pornography (including child pornography), sexually explicit materials (in all media types such as Internet, phone, and printed materials), dating services, escort services, or prostitution services.
- Alcohol: includes sales of wine, beer, and liquor conducted over the Internet or mail order.
- Cash or cash equivalent instruments: including but not limited to money orders, travelers' checks, and generally accepted stored value products.
- Collection Agencies: includes businesses that are engaged in the collection of uncollectible debt or accounts receivable and billing companies.
- Credit Services: includes credit counseling, credit repair services, credit protection, and identity theft protection.
- Crowd funding: any activity related to soliciting contributions, donations, investments or pre-orders to fund the development of a product or a project.
- Donations and Charitable Solicitations: includes charities and non-profit organizations without a valid 501(c)(3) tax exempt status, charitable solicitations, commercial fundraisers (including commercial co-venturers), or any activity associated with the solicitation of donations.
- Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, and Dietary Supplements: includes illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, online or mail order pharmacies, importation of pharmaceuticals from foreign countries, and prescription devices. Marijuana and Cannabidiol (CBD) products are also prohibited, regardless of whether legal within a given state.
- Financial Intermediaries and Money Service Businesses: includes online auctions, Internet malls processing third party payments, credit card aggregators, offshore banking operations, debt financing, money transmitters, check cashing services, currency exchange and dealing, cash advance services, payday lending, escrow services, any service that receives and processes money on behalf of others, and any issuers, redeemers, and sellers of money orders, travelers checks, and stored value products (other than retail gift cards).
- Firearms and Weapons: includes ammunition, guns, rifles, shotguns, pistols, other firearms, knives (automatic, spring-loaded knives, throwing, etc.), brass knuckles, or other weapons.
- Gambling Businesses: includes online gambling (including poker), lotteries (including sale of lottery tickets), games of chance (including sweepstakes and raffles), sports forecasting, or odds-making.
- Healthcare Discount Plans: includes discount healthcare plans or membership programs.
- Illegal, Inappropriate or Offensive Items or Activities: includes any good or service that violates local, state, or federal laws or regulations or that would be generally offensive to others. Examples include stolen goods, Cuban cigars, cable descramblers, materials that infringe other's intellectual property rights (including pirated software and counterfeit goods), human body parts, endangered species, items that defame or slander others, hate literature, occult materials, and any other items or activities that in our judgment are illegal, inappropriate or offensive in connection with our services.
- Intellectual property: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that infringe on the copyright or trademarks of others.
- Malicious and deceptive practices: You may not use the Services to transmit malware or host phishing pages. You may not perform activities or upload or distribute Materials that harm or disrupt the operation of the Services or other infrastructure of Autobuy or others, including Autobuy's third party providers. You may not use the Services for deceptive commercial practices or any other illegal or deceptive activities.
- Marketing Businesses: includes direct marketing, subscription merchants, telemarketing, multi-level marketing, "up-sell" merchants, infomercial merchants, and rebate-based businesses.
- Get rich quick Products or Services: includes information guides, warranty fees, mortgage reduction services, and any product or service where a prize is guaranteed, marketing media is unavailable, premiums/incentives are offered, promises of future guaranteed results are made, or any rebate or reward program.
- Phone Services: includes 800 or 900 phone services and audio text services, prepaid phone cards, and prepaid phone services.
- Real or replica: government, law enforcement, security, military or paramilitary badges and uniforms, identification documents, birth certificates, passports, licenses, patches, collars, or tags.
- Regulated Activities: includes regulated investment services, bail bonds services, security brokers, bankruptcy attorneys, real property and real estate (including rental payment), property management, and websites or online services directed to or that collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
- Remote Technical Support: or any other activity where a merchant needs remote access to a buyer's computer or other device to initiate or complete a purchase, or to provide the service being paid for.
- Smoking/Tobacco Products: includes cigars, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, and other tobacco products. E-liquid products for use in smoking devices are also prohibited, whether they contain nicotine or not.
- Terrorist organizations: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that imply or promote support or funding of, or membership in, a terrorist organization.
- Travel and Time Share Services: includes agencies, tour operators, clubs, packages, airlines, cruise lines, and time shares.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Accepted Use Policy, please contact us at [email protected]