We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on this Policy the date it was last updated. We encourage you to review this Policy from time-to-time to make sure that you understand how any personally identifiable information you provide to us or collected about you will be used.
What Is Personally Identifiable Information?
As used in this Policy, the term “personally identifiable information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, user name or email address), or information about that individual that is directly linked to information that specifically identifies an individual. Personally identifiable information does not include “aggregate” information, which is data we collect about the use of the Service or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personally identifiable information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
What Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection: We collect information from you in various ways when you use the Service. For example, we collect information: (i) that you voluntarily provide to us (such as when you send us an email or create a Toffee account); and (ii) to which you provide us access. Such information may include personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, other account data, and financial information. Personal and demographic information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with posting data, providing access to your online groups and other activities in connection with the Service.
Passive Collection: When you use the Service, some information is also automatically collected. For example, we may automatically collect certain information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier (UDID), your device model and name, your operating system, your browser type, your preferred language, and your activity on the Service. We may also automatically collect certain logistical information in server logs, including information about how you use various features of our service and information about the number, frequency and length of each session. We treat this information as personally identifiable information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, this information is used in the aggregate only.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies” when you use the Service. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us to improve the Service and your experience. If we link cookies to any personally identifiable information, we will treat this information as personally identifiable information. If you wish to block, erase or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services made available via the Service.
We may use Web beacons or similar technology on the Service. We may link the information gathered by clear gifs to your personally identifiable information. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Service or in emails relating to the Service to collect certain information and monitor user activity on the Service, such as to count visits, understand usage effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Personally identifiable information will be stored on secured servers, and we may store and process personally identifiable information in the United Kingdom and other countries.
How Do We Use the Personally Identifiable Information We Collect?
We use personally identifiable information collected through the Service for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Service. For example, we may use personally identifiable information we collect:
- to process and complete any transactions in connection with the Service;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Service;
- to respond to your emails, questions, comments, requests and complaints, and to provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze Service usage and trends;
- to personalize and improve the Service, and our users’ experiences with the Service (such as providing content or features that match interests), and to increase the Service’s functionality and user friendliness;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, additional information about our products and services and support and administrative messages, and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Service;
- to notify you about important changes to the Service; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Personally Identifiable Information Do We Share With Third-Parties?
We will not knowingly share the personally identifiable information we collect from you through the Service with third-parties, except as described in this Policy or on the Service. For example, we may share personally identifiable information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service (“Service Providers”) who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the Service and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests or legal authorities including, but not limited to, responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Toffee, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third-parties or the public including, but not limited to, protecting Toffee or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of the Service;
- to enforce this Policy, the Terms of Service, or our other policies or agreements; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personally identifiable information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of Toffee.
You acknowledge and agree that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of Toffee.
You understand that when you use the Service, information you provide via the Service, information you grant access to by using the Service, as well as any information you share with individuals through the Service, will be available to other users and in some cases may be made publicly available.
We are not responsible for the actions of Service Providers or other third-parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any other users or third-parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with third-party privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such third-parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third-parties without your consent.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire the Service, you may correct, update or delete it by making the change on Toffee settings or by emailing our customer support at [email protected]
If you wish to request the deletion of an unauthorized account, you may contact us at [email protected].
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide the Service. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Links to Other Websites
Security – What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personally identifiable information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can guarantee against any interception or any other type of misuse. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. To assist with the protection of personally identifiable information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Service by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. If you have any questions about security on our Service, you can contact us at [email protected].
Social Media Features and Widgets
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may “opt-out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. You may also opt-out of such marketing emails by following the instructions within such emails or emailing us at [email protected]. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected]